Please note that the registration deadline of November 13th for the hardware has passed and we can no longer guarantee that hardware will arrive in time for the workshop for new registrants.
Modern connected hardware (or IoT) applications are about more than setting up a microcontroller to read sensors or control actuators. Increasingly, these systems need to connect with other devices, backhaul their data to the cloud, or enable remote updates or commands across large distances. These types of solutions require simple, open, and extensible developer tools, and integrations with popular cloud Platforms.
In this workshop, Paul DeCarlo and Brandon Satrom will share an approach for building IoT applications using Particle for hardware and backhaul, and Azure IoT Hub and IoT Central to power cloud intelligence. Over the course of this half-day, hands-on session, you’ll learn everything you need to know to build your next connected solution.
- A full afternoon of live, hands on, online #IoT training from experts Particle & Azure
- $70 worth of Particle equipment shipped directly to you (register by November 13th).
- Access to the recordings once the training is complete.
Everyone who registers by November 13th gets a Grove Starter Kit for Particle Mesh and an Argon Kit (a combined retail cost of $70) at no additional charge. (Items are shipped 1 week prior to the event.)
Building IoT Apps (2019) - Course Outline
- Session 1 - A Lap around Particle
- Lab 1 - Claiming and naming your first device
- Session 2 - Introducing Particle Primitives, the Device Cloud and Mesh
- Lab 2 - Set-up a Mesh Network and pipe data to the Particle Device Cloud
- Session 3 - Going Beyond Devices (Particle Integrations & Azure IoT Central)
- Lab 3 - Connect your project to Azure IoT Central
- Session 4 - From the Cloud, back to devices
- Lab 4 - Bringing it all together