Soon after you decide to embrace serverless architectures you realize that there is a need to coordinate all of the components that make up these distributed applications and services. In this course you will stitch together a series of Lambda functions written in the Go programming language (golang) to build and orchestrate a fully-functional and scalable serverless application while learning how to handle the deployment, logging, metric collection, and distributed tracing that help you effectively adopt the serverless way. In addition to picking up some Go, you will learn how to use technologies like AWS SAM CLI, API Gateway, CloudFormation, SQS, DynamoDB, X-Ray, and Step Functions to build, deploy, debug and manage your serverless applications.
Johnny Boursiquot is a multi-disciplined software and cloud engineer with two decades of industry experience spanning various server, client, and mobile technologies. He enjoys teaching technology, training developers, and has authored “Go Standard Library Solutions” available now from Packt Publishing. He is a GoBridge Core Member, the founder and organizer of the Baltimore Golang User Group.
- Introduction: Serverless Orchestration on AWS (15 minutes)
- Demo and walkthrough of the serverless app architecture (15 minutes)
- Getting to know SAM: Serverless Application Model (15 minutes)
- Hands On: Deploying your serverless stack (30 minutes)
- Writing Lambda Functions in Go (30 minutes)
- Hands On: Writing and testing your Go Lambdas (35 minutes)
- Orchestrating Lambda with Step Functions and SQS (15 minutes)
- Hands On: Bringing it all together and updating your serverless stack (15 minutes)
- Q&A and Wrap-up (10 minutes)